How do I recognize Feel Free Tours?
You Find Our Guides with the Yellow T-Shirt
Discover the origins of Roman Barcelona over 2,000 years ago and let your imagination see the Roman Forum in the current Plaza de Sant Jaume, that even today, after 20 centuries it remains the political power of Catalan. Walk along one of the world's best preserved Roman walls and imagine how even at that time thalasso-therapy baths were taken from the Roman Baths of Pati Llimona that we visit in the eastern part of the Roman wall.
Also enjoy the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter and feel in the Middle Ages, you will be impressed by the monumental Plaza del Rei with its Palace of the Viceroy and the beautiful Palacio Real Mayor. On these stairs the Catholic Monarchs greeted the navigator Christopher Columbus on his return from the first voyage to the Americas.
Christian spirituality is evoked through two emblematic churches, the Barcelona's Cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar, ultimate example of pure Catalan Gothic. This church was built in one of the shorter time, in all history, in compared to its size, with the participation of thousands of inhabitants of the Born district. This neighborhood holds beautiful surprises because of its joyful energy, full of trendy bars, restaurants and small boutiques, you will enjoy the essence of Barcelona, leaving accompanied by a glass of Cava in the famous bar La Vinya Senyor.
Walking along the famous Ramblas, we discover because Barcelona is so beloved by visitors. A fizzy pedestrian street where we enjoy the street performers, small cafes, traditional Catalan cuisine shops until you'll see the famous Boqueria market, where you can feel the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people through his colorful and exuberant posts, or learn where the worldwide famous Iberian cured ham comes from.
On this tour you will have made a journey through 2,000 years of history, in which you've enjoyed the essence and soul of the Catalan people, knowing their traditions, culture and cuisine.OUR FREE WALKING TOURS IN BARCELONA ARE FOR 15 PEOPLE MAXIMUM
we recommend arriving at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time to ensure you get a space on the tour of your choice.
You can enjoy our Free walking Tour without reservation. we recommend to book the tour in advance to ensure your place.
- Barrio Gotico it is the oldest part of the city, where the history of Barcelona is preserved.
- Foro romano it wasthe central square dedicated to public life and business during Roman Empire and it seems to coincide with the current Plaza de San Jaime.
- Muras romanas were fortification of the city and today we can find only afew ruins that testify its presence.
- Plaza del rey is a monumental plaza, surrounded by Gothic and Renaissance buildings.
- Palacio real mayor It was the seat of government and residence of the counts of Barcelona and the Kings of Aragon.
- La Catedral is the monument that has more importance for the religion and the art.
- Santa Maria del Mar jewel of medieval architecture, is the cathedral of the town for many locals.
- El Born is a small village within the city, characterized by small streets full of history.
- La Vinya del Senyor is a fantastic place to enjoy a glass of good wine and tapas.
- La Rambla the most famous street in the city, with its typical flower stalls, entertainers, restaurants and cafes.
- La Boqueria a municipal market with over 300 stalls which offer a variety of local and exotic products.
Old Town Free walking Tour Meeting Point
Plaça Catalunya, 21 - In Front of the Hard Rock Café